Cremation is the process of reducing a deceased body to its basic elements, primarily bone fragments, by exposing it to intense heat and flame. Here's a more detailed description:
1. Process: During cremation, the body is placed in a specially designed furnace known as a cremator or cremation chamber. The high temperatures, usually between 1,400 and 2,100 degrees Fahrenheit (760 to 1,150 °C), break down the body over a period of 2 to 3 hours, leaving behind ashes and bone fragments.
2. Ashes: After the cremation, the remaining bone fragments are further processed into a finer texture, which results in the powdery substance that many people refer to as "ashes". These cremated remains are typically pale to dark gray in color.
3. Preparation: Before cremation, certain preparations are made. Any non-organic materials, such as metal from medical implants, jewelry, or casket hardware, are removed. In many cases, the body is placed in a simple, combustible container before being cremated.
4. Disposition of the Remains: After cremation, the ashes are typically placed in an urn or another container. The family can then decide on further disposition, such as burying the urn in a cemetery, placing it in a columbarium, scattering the ashes in a meaningful location, or keeping them at home.
5. Cultural and Religious Significance: Attitudes toward cremation vary widely among cultures and religions. Some traditions embrace cremation, while others prefer burial or have specific guidelines or prohibitions concerning the practice.
6. Reasons for Choosing Cremation: People might choose cremation over traditional burial for various reasons, including personal or spiritual beliefs, environmental concerns, simplicity, flexibility in memorial services, or economic considerations.
In summary, cremation is an alternative to traditional burial, where the body is exposed to high temperatures, resulting in the reduction of the body to ashes and bone fragments.
Cozy Cardinal Cremation Urns
Although the events around this purchase were very sad, busy, & rushed. I was thankful that the "Love of Christ Silver Cross Cremation Urn" was shipped very quickly. It arrived without damage. The cover threads were machined well. The quality was very good & it looked just like the website photos. This Urn is a high quality product. Thank You Commemorative Cremation Urns.
Very quick delivery and professionally rapped.
Such a beautiful piece